Increasingly we are seeing children & teenagers who are not sleeping well. Holistically, sleep is so important: it is the time that we reset ourselves – our bodies, our minds, & our emotions. It is a time of healing. To not sleep well, to me, means there is something that is blocking that innate ability to just slow down, turn off, feel and be safe, and sleep. There is likely to be some disturbance, some imbalance, within the child that prevents them to get the rest that they need.
Is Your Child Having Difficulty Sleeping?
How is your child’s sleep?
- difficulty falling asleep
- waking frequently
- waking early and not able to go back to sleep
- having nightmares – certain images come up
- not wanting to sleep alone (this may not be a problem)
- checking in with parents frequently during the night
- light sleeper, when previously they were a not as sensitive to their environment
- heavy sleeper – difficulty waking
- changes in sleep habits and behaviours
- self comforting behaviours
- feeling anxious
- feeling fearful
- emotional upsets – crying, tantrums, angry outbursts, stubbornness, sadness
- a physical ailment that is keeping them from getting a good night’s sleep – chronic ear infections, stomach-aches, headaches, eczema, allergies, asthma, coughs, colds, fevers
- a change in the environment: a new sibling, a move, a parent being away for a length of time, a death, a divorce
Children with sleep issue may be helped with individualised Homeopathic treatment.
Let me share with you a couple of insomnia cases which have responded well to Homeopathy. The lack of ability to sleep well was what brought the parents with their children to Homeopathy along with other concerns however the difficulty sleeping was a part of the whole picture of the child. By really seeing & understanding what was bothering the child, a homeopathic remedy was given that fit the child. It wasn’t a remedy for the sleeping difficulty, but a remedy for the child. Each was given a different homeopathic remedy & they both did well.
The first patient was a young girl who experienced a lot of nightmares at night. She also had difficulty falling asleep, and would wake up early. She wasn’t getting a full night’s sleep and didn’t feel rested during the day. This affected how she interacted with her family, and just how she was during the day – irritable, moody & withdrawn. The homeopathic remedy which was similar to her helped her sleep improve – Nightmares were much less, she was easier to be around during the day & when the sleeping became difficult again, that was a sign that she needed another dose of the remedy
Another patient a young boy would go to bed at night, and during the first few hours, he would be up asking his mother when was his father coming home, if his father was away or working late. He woke easily if he heard any noises in the house & would be anxious that there might be someone in the house. This was happening several times during the evening. After Homeopathic treatment he no longer needed to check in with his mother when he went to bed at night. He was able to go to bed, fall asleep, and sleep through the night.
Healing With Homeopathy
I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you on how homeopathy could be of help for your child, if they are experiencing sleeping issues or any other issues. Likewise if you as an adult having sleeping difficulties, homeopathy can be helpful for you too. Contact me here www.Jane@janelindsay.com.au or e-mail me Jane@janelindsay.com.au
I offer a complimentary 15 minute phone call – “Find out about Homeopathy” alternatively contact reception 07 3348 1300 & book in to see me.