Psoriasis is a disease of the altered immune system, calling for internal treatment. Conventional doctors prescribe cortisone and immunosuppressive medicines. Homeopathy offers a safe, gentle & effective treatment for obstinate & stubborn skin diseases, including psoriasis.
Psoriasis is an obstinate skin condition in which red patches of various sizes develop on the skin that are covered with dry, silvery scales. Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that got its name from the Greek word meaning, “itch.”
In psoriasis the skin becomes inflamed and red eruptions appear on the surface of the skin that begin to itch excessively. These areas form thickened areas (plaques) that are covered with silvery scales over the reddened lesions. The skin at the joints may crack. Homeopathic treatment for Psoriasis has been found to be extremely effective.
Newsflash – Friday 20th February, 2009 – New research from Germany has concluded that the skin condition psoriasis can be eased with homeopathy thus improving quality of life.
Homeopathic treatment of patients with psoriasis–a prospective observational study with 2 years follow-up.
Witt CM1, Lüdtke R, Willich SN.
The study involved over 80 patients who had suffered the condition for the last 15 years and received conventional treatments.
After a course of homeopathy, severity of the condition improved as did quality of life. There was also a reduction in the need for conventional treatment meaning the need for healthcare resources were also reduced.
How does Homeopathy work?
– It stimulates body’s own healing process
– It works at root level and restores deviated immunity back to normalcy.
– It works by addressing the genetic tendencies
– Homeopathy uses natural medicinal substances in ultra-minute quantity rendering a treatment that is extremely effective yet absolutely free from any side-effects whatsoever.
How much time does it take?
Psoriasis is an obstinate and chronic disease. There is no shortcut to its cure.
The length of treatment varies form case to case, depending of the following factors:
- Duration of Psoriasis
- Areas affected. Affection of scalp and nails takes longer.
- Extent of spread (Psoriasis only on skin is easier to treat. Joint affection (Psoriatic Arthritis) is relatively difficult to treat.)
- Previous medication (Extensive use o oral cortisone may delay the course of treatment)
- General health and associated diseases
Most patients observe positive results in about 3 to 6 weeks.
Psoriasis most often occurs on the elbows, knees, scalp, lower back, palms, and soles of the feet. However, no area of the skin is exempt, including the genital area. The disease may also affect the fingernails and toenails, and the soft tissues inside the mouth. About 15 percent of people with psoriasis have joint inflammation that produces arthritis symptoms. This condition is called psoriatic arthritis.