The diagnosis of prostate problems takes many men by surprise. Prostate cancer, the final stage of prostate suffering, is already the most common cancer in men and the second leading cause of cancer death after lung cancer.
Homeopathy is a holistic system of medicine, based on an understanding of the interconnection between mind and body. By taking a full case history, homeopaths aim to treat the whole person, not just their disease. Homeopathic medicine may stimulate and strengthen the immune system, thereby helping the body’s natural tendency to heal itself. Homeopathic medicine is prescribed in very low dilution after a special matching process, which takes into account individual symptoms and characteristics.
Unlike many conventional medicines, homeopathic ‘medicines are non-toxic and not addictive. Homeopathy can be safely used alongside other forms of medical treatment.
Homeopathy and Prostate Issues
Symptoms of prostate issues may include:
- Constant urge to urinate with little or no result. The patient gets up at night because of a strong urge but in spite of pushing hard, he only produces a few drops. This can be anxiety-provoking, causing perspiration and headaches. After some time the exhausted patient returns to bed, only to be awakened again later by the same nagging urge with the same frustrating result.
- Loss of prostatic fluid caused by merely touching a woman (i.e. the older man who complains about losing fluid from the penis when he touches his wife).
- Enlarged and hardened prostate gland (even if only part of the gland is hard) strongly indicates a possible malignancy.
- The combination of ineffectual urging to urinate and vertigo from lying down, getting up from or turning in bed.
Always seek professional medical advice if you are expereincing any of the above symptoms.
Supplements to support the prostate
Supplements play a great role in the prevention of prostate suffering.
- Vitamin A: Investigators at the National Cancer Institute found that men with significantly lower than normal Vitamin A levels had twice the risk for prostate cancer than those with normal levels. Vitamin A in the form of beta carotene is safe and effective. A daily dose of 25,000 I.U. is sufficient.
- Zinc: Zinc has been shown to reduce the size of the prostate and to reduce symptomatology in the majority of patients. Take 50 mg elemental zinc a day. A great source of natural zinc is pumpkin seeds.
- Amino acids: Glycine, alanine and glutamic acid have been shown to relieve many symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Urgency and frequency of urination is markedly decreased under the influence of these amino acids.
- Herbal preparations: Effective botanicals are also available. The best known is the saw palmetto berry (also known as Sabal serrulata), These berries were used to make a homeopathic remedy for the prostate long before their herbal use by holistic physicians.
Finding the right Homeopathic Medicine for You
One of the strengths of homeopathy is that the Homeopathic Medicine is individualized and based on the unique expression of symptoms in the patient. Homeopathic Medicne is tailored to treat the whole person, taking into account emotional, physical & mental symptoms. A Homeopath will ask many questions about your general health history, preferences, physical symptoms, & sexual health. In all cases the best prescription can be identified by a qualified Homeopath who will identify which one fits each individual patient’s symptoms.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IN ANY LONG-TERM OR CHRONIC ILLNESS THE ADVICE OF YOUR MEDICAL HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL SHOULD ALWAYS BE SOUGHT.